What's in

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

12/14/10

I dance with my shadows in the dark

Seems that my shadow has found

a faithful friend with the dark.

It comes out to play,

appearing to have a mind of its own.

Until I realize it stops when I do,

we are connected after all.

Though I conceal it at daylight,

It lashes itself out,

Following me wherever, whatever

Even at midday.

But when the sky finally gives up,

And the sinister that is the night cowers,

The phantom is alive than ever.

Trip the light fantastic toe,

Finding a rhythm of its own,

Composing its own tune.

In the morning I am normal,

At least that is what I think.

But I unknowingly anticipate its coming.

Soon I will be swept over by my sorrows again.

Till then, I wait once more,

For when Nyx will spread her wings,

I will dance with my shadows in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment